Monday, June 15, 2009

Reflection

"Thank You for Reading my Blog"
-Pooi Yee-

I have finally come to the end of my blog posting. Throughout the postings, I have discussed many issues regarding to media and publishing. Frankly, it really changes my perspective on blogging. Who knew that blogging actually involved so much more than just words.

According to Schriver (1997), there are two ways that audiences interpret text, knowledge-driven and text driven. I think this is one of the most important things blogger need to consider, as they will need to think whether the picture and prose are relevant to their target audience.

Besides that, Kress and van Leeuwen(1998) had claims that a good document involves three signifying systems- Information value, salience and framing. In one of my previous posting, I stated that all blogs basically shared the same goal as KVL’s claims. For instance, the information I posted are all cited with reference, pictures and videos were uploaded to attract the reader’s attention. Lastly, there is spacing between one paragraph to another paragraph, so that the words are easier to be read.



References:

  • Kress, G & van Leeuwen, T 1998, ‘Front page : (the critical) analysis of newspaper layout’ , Approaches to Media Discourse, Blackwell, Oxford.
  • Schriver, KA 1997, ‘The Interplay of Words and Pictures’, Dynamics in Document Design: Creating Text for Readers, Wiley Computer Pub, New York.



No comments:

Post a Comment